Any person with a limited life expectancy and terminal illness including but not limited to Alzheimer’s, heart, lung, renal disease, stroke, and cancer.
Who is Qualified?
Assuming the disease process follows its normal course, any person certified by their attending physician to have a life expectancy of six months or less.
In addition to the support of the Hospice Medical Director, the patient can, if they choose, continue to see their Primary Care Physician.
Hospice provides services that promote the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family in the patient’s home, or wherever the patient resides.
How is Hospice Paid for?
Medplus Hospice accepts the Medicare and Medi-Cal Hospice Benefit. In addition, we work with each patient to maximize the value of whatever Private Insurance is in place.
• Assess the patient’s physical needs
• Develop and coordinate a plan of care
• Ensure symptom control and management
• Provide continual patient/family education as needed
Certified Home Health Aide
• Provide direct personal care to the patient
• Offer emotional support to the patient and family
Medical Social Workers
• Assess the patient’s & family’s emotional & social needs
• Develop a plan of care
• Provide counseling, referrals & support to meet identified needs
• Assesses patient and family spiritual needs
• Provides direct counseling
• Provides bereavement support
•Routine Home Care – Care is provided in the comfort of the patient’s home under the hospice benefit.
•Inpatient Care – Short-term care provided at a hospital or other inpatient care center only until the patient’s symptoms are under control.
•Respite Care – Temporary inpatient care provided up to five consecutive days to give the family a needed break.
• Continuous Care – More intense care
provided by a nurse and/or home health aide in the patient’s home environment for a minimum of 8 hours per day until symptoms are under control.
• Durable Medical Equipment for the terminal disease condition
• Disease specific and pain medications
• Supplies such as personal care items
• Medplus Hospice Volunteers receive comprehensive training by the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Volunteers are matched with the needs of the patient and family to address many different areas of opportunity for support.
Hospice services are available for patients / families twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week throughout the course of care. On-call staff including an administrator, RN, social worker and counselor will be available after office hours, Monday through Friday, and 24 hours a day on weekends.
The Medplus Hospice team is dedicated to providing individuals with care to their needs to ensure the best quality of life during a difficult time. We are committed to recognizing that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care.
It is a privilege to bring in our team of health professionals to offer personalized services for each patient and their loved ones in preparation for this chapter in their life; to not merely experience sorrow but rather a deeper understanding of life.
Medplus Hospice will focus on enhancing the patient’s quality of life, preserving the patient’s dignity, and dealing with the patient’s end of life issues.
Our team of professionals will provide education for the patient, family, and community to encourage the use of Hospice services everywhere.
Patient services are provided without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), communicable disease, or place of national origin.
We accept most insurance plans, including Inland Empire Health Plan, LA Care, Care 1st, Health Net, Molina, Blue Shield United Health Care and many more.
If you do not see your health plan listed above, please give us a call and we will be happy to assist you.
You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We’re proud to offer:
1551 W 13TH Street Suite 204, Upland, CA 91786